Building Trust with People Looking for Assisted Living in Omaha
An assisted living community might be a good choice if you need more personal care services as compared to what you are getting at home or an independent living retirement community.
Is Assisted Living the right choice?
If you are thinking of a move to a senior care center in Nebraska, but wondering whether it is the right decision, reflect and ask yourself some questions, like:
- Do you really need more help than what is available? If you find daily activities overwhelming or stressful, and the in-home or family help is unable to bridge the gap, assisted living might be the right move for you.
- Is transportation a matter of concern for you? It might be possible that you are no longer able to drive. Besides, with growing age and reducing strength, you might find it difficult to travel by public transport. This makes you increasingly housebound. Services by an assisted living community include transportation services to enable you to move freely wherever you want without relying on family and friends.
- Are you worried about your safety? Growing age reduces your mobility and physical strength. You might even find it difficult to get out of bed by yourself, for example. Moving to a senior care would help you fight this fear by providing 24-hour assistance.
- Are you too tired for housekeeping? Living in your own home is accompanied with numerous responsibilities, like cleaning, cooking, laundry, shopping for groceries, and lots more. Moving to
an Omaha Assisted Livingwould provide a homelike environment with lesser responsibilities.
- Do you feel socially isolated or lonely at home? An active social life is important for your health and happiness. Being alone for long durations can lead to depression. One huge benefit of residing in a
senior living community is thatyou can participate in a good range of recreational and social activities and make new friends as well.